Outdoor lighting can be practical, helping you light your walkways and deter intruders from approaching your home. It can also illuminate the beauty of your home and landscaping during the night hours, adding 24-hour curb appeal. Here are six types of outdoor lighting effects that can help make your home safe and beautiful after the sun goes down.
- Moonlighting. Create the same effect as moonlight flowing through the tree branches with moonlighting. This uses lights placed in tree branches to shine down on your yard.
- Spreadlighting. Adding spreadlights in low-to-the-ground garden areas can beautifully illuminate these smaller plants that normally get lost in the dark.
- Stair and deck lighting. Brighten your decks, porches and steps with lighting that is placed on risers and between vertical railings.
- Shadow/silhouette lighting. Create stunning shadows from statues or single trees with a direct light placed in front of the silhouette to cast a shadow on a wall or fence.
- Uplighting. Highlight specific focal points with lights in or on the ground pouring light up on the item, creating a dramatic effect.
- Spotlighting. Adding spotlighting from a high point to flood light down on patios, pool areas or gardens can add beauty and improve safety around your home.
Knowing how to use outdoor lighting to create an artistic effect is harder than it looks. It takes the right light placed at the perfect angle and height to create these incredible lighting effects. To do more than add a basic flood light to your outdoor space, hire a landscaping team to create an outdoor lighting design for your home. With the right light effects, you can add a stylish beauty to your home at night while improving safety and security.
Posted on behalf of:
58 Terero Trail
Newnan, GA 30263