Do you have periods during the year where your yard becomes soggy? Drainage issue are not just a nuisance; they can cause damage to your home and property. Even if you have not had any flooding issues or damage to your property from excess water, that doesn’t mean it will not happen in the future. Here are five excellent reasons to invest in a drainage system for your home and yard.
- Landscaping woes. If nothing else, excess water can drown your lawn and other plants, making it difficult to keep a beautiful yard. Keep your landscape looking healthy by adding proper drainage.
- Protect your home’s foundation. Even if you can’t see it, too much water can be destroying your home’s foundation below the surface. The constant pressure of ground water can eat away at your foundation, especially when good drainage techniques are not used.
- Prevent basement flooding. Even a small amount of water penetrating your basement walls can cause damage. Furniture, floors and other items can be ruined; plus, excess moisture puts you at risk of mold problems that can be dangerous and expensive to repair.
- Paved areas. Your paved driveway or patio are susceptible to erosion from too much water. Improper drainage can destroy the underlying foundation, causing pot holes, cracks and crumbling.
- Pooling water attracts pests. The last thing you want is a breeding ground for insects in your yard.
There are many affordable drainage solutions that can help eliminate excess water in your yard. Talk to your local landscaper that offers drainage installation to find the best option for your home.
Posted on behalf of:
Alpharetta, GA 30004