If adding a new patio is on your to-do list this year, consider the benefits of using natural stone. While concrete or man-made pavers may be less expensive, they don’t offer the beauty or longevity of natural stone. For a unique patio which will add value to your home, natural stone is the best material to build an outdoor surface capable of lasting for decades. Here are five of the benefits of using natural stone for your new patio.
- Variety. There are several types of natural stone available for you to use for patios, giving you options beyond plain pavers. Fieldstone and flagstone are both excellent choices, due to their natural shape.
- Durability. In terms of durability, natural stone is unsurpassed. Most stone is centuries old, and will last for hundreds of years.
- Uniqueness. Each stone is like a snowflake; no two are exactly alike. The variations in shape and color guarantee that your patio will be unlike any other in the world.
- Low maintenance. Natural stone patios are easy to maintain, requiring very little in the way of care or repair in comparison to other patio materials.
- Value. Although natural stone is more expensive than some other materials, it offers more value due to its longevity and the value it can add to your home.
Before building yet another boring, cookie-cutter patio from cement or formed pavers, take the time to consider using natural stone for your outdoor area. It’s certainly a worthwhile investment to create a patio which is both beautiful and built to last, enhancing the appearance of your home for decades to come.
Posted on behalf of:
Pannone’s Lawn Pros & Landscaping