Have you been considering adding a deck to your home? Wood decks are a popular addition to homes, adding beauty and value. Now is the time to begin planning for your summer, so if you are still not sure whether you should build a new deck, here are five reasons to make it happen in 2016.
- Larger outdoor living space. Increase your living space with a fantastic deck. Decks can be built off any level of your home, giving you an area to enjoy the outdoor air.
- Add value to your home. A deck increases the value of your home, making it a worthwhile investment.
- Improve curb appeal. Wooden decks are beautiful and can add to the curb appeal of your home. Whether they are stained or painted, decks add depth and dimension to the home.
- Easy to maintain. Wooden decks are easy to maintain. A quick pressure washing each spring can keep the wood clean, with new stain or paint only needed every few years.
- Stay out of the mud. One of the benefits of a deck versus a patio is that decks are built above the ground. Even when the rain or snow hits, decks are off the ground and provide a useable outdoor space.
Make 2016 the year you enjoying grilling and gathering with your family on your deck. Call your local landscape contractor that offers deck building to begin planning your new wood deck for your home. Get started now and by the time those beautiful spring days arrive, you can spend them on your new deck.