If you still think artificial turf is a prickly green carpet, you have not experienced the new options in this landscaping wonder grass. It is not a bright green plastic mat – the individual leaves of grass can be customized to resemble almost any types of grass imaginable and looks very natural. Many homeowners are switching to artificial turf for their lawns and here are five reasons why:
- Looks perfect year-round. Artificial turf is always green and never needs watering. Sun, rain or snow, your lawn will always be perfect in any season. Artificial turf is safe for pets and children, a wonderful solution to stop yellow urine lawn spots from dogs.
- No maintenance. The grass of artificial turf does not need mowing, watering, seeding or fertilizing. You will not need to aerate in the spring or do any maintenance to the grass at all. Besides raking the leaves off your perfect grass, you will be free from lawn maintenance while you own artificial turf.
- Soft and natural. There are dozens of different types of artificial grasses and turfs to choose from and each with its own features. Some are softer to the touch, while others are meant to hold up in high traffic areas.
- Eco-friendly. Believe it or not, artificial turf can be every eco-friendly. Consider the amount of water you can save without irrigation for your lawn; plus, no more harmful chemicals to fight weeds and pests.
- Cost-effective. Owning natural grass is expensive – both in time and money. Artificial turf negates the need for watering, lawn equipment, maintenance supplies and many other lawn costs.
If you are tired of fussing over your lawn and want a low-maintenance replacement, contact a local landscaper that offers artificial turf installations to explore the options.
Posted on behalf of:
Champion Lawn Care
Alpharetta, GA 30022