You don’t need a large yard to make the most of your outdoor space. Many homes, condos and townhouses have limited yard or patio areas, but you still want to enjoy some time outdoors. While expansive gardens and waterfalls may not be possible in a small space, there are ways to still add beauty and tranquility to your outdoor area. Here are some landscaping ideas to make your outdoor living space, however small, tasteful and enjoyable.
- Fountains. Large ponds and waterfalls may be too much for a small space, but you can still have the sound and coolness of water with a fountain. Small vertical fountains or a mini-water wall can be added to a corner for a soothing effect.
- Plant vertically. You can still have flowers and vegetable gardens in a small space; you just need to plant vertically. Look for outdoor planting racks that allow you to tier your plants up in a small horizontal space.
- Plant bright colors. Bright colors catch the attention of the eye. For smaller front or backyards, planting bright flowers and other plants up front to make the space behind seem larger.
- Use tall bushes, shrubs and foliage to create an oasis. Even if it is small, you can make your backyard into a natural oasis using tall foliage to enclose the space. Thin privacy trees, shrubs and tropical foliage are come excellent options.
- Small, intimate seating areas. Make more than one spot for seating – a fire pit area, small bistro set or a comfy patio set. Breaking your small space into individual relaxation areas can make the area seem larger.
Want to have a beautiful outdoor space that fits your style? Talk to your local landscaper for more ideas to enhance the space you have with space-efficient landscaping.
Posted on behalf of:
58 Terero Trail
Newnan, GA 30263