Five Things You Need to Know Before Installing Lawn Irrigation
If you decided that it is time to have an irrigation system installed in your yard, there are a few things you need to know. While there are many options available when it comes to lawn irrigation, there are a few tips that can help you avoid common mistakes. Here are five things to keep in mind before you begin installing a new irrigation system.
- Have a design plan. An irrigation system should always be carefully planned before it is installed. A professional landscaper will create a detailed design plan to coordinate where the sprinklers will be laid and take into consideration shade, vegetation and drainage.
- Quality hardware. Many DIY homeowners have made the mistake of buying sprinkler systems from a box store and found out the hard way that many cheaper sprinkler systems do not last. Make sure you have quality hardware for your system.
- Pop-ups. Pop-up sprinkler heads are recommended for areas with foot traffic, such as near walkways or by garden areas. This can reduce tripping hazards.
- Zoning. Your sprinkler system should be based on different zones that have different watering needs. This will ensure that shaded areas do not get too much water while sunny spots may need more.
- Water waste. While you can expect your water bill to rise when you have an irrigation system, there are ways to cut down on waste. Talk to your landscaper about how to avoid overspray, overwatering and other irrigation issues that can waste water.
There is more to an irrigation system than just installing sprinklers in the ground. It is worth the investment to have your system professionally installed to get the best quality system that is properly designed for your landscaping needs.
Posted on behalf of:
Tommy Gun Lawn Care
Was this article helpful?
Yes :)No :(