5 Types of Drainage Solutions
If you struggle with water issues on your property, drainage is vital to protecting from erosion, landscaping deterioration and basement flooding. Directing water flow away from your home and yard to maintain your property can be accomplished through a few different drainage options. Here are five types of drainage solutions to help protect your property from water damage.
- French drains. French drains are a network of underground perforated piping that can help distribute water and prevent pooling.
- Dry creek beds. A beautiful and functional drainage solution is the dry creek bed. Using stones, you can create a meandering creek bed that attract water and directs it to an appropriate drainage point. Your local landscaper can install this for you.
- Downspout drainage. One of the reasons for poor drainage around your home is the downspouts from your gutters. Installing drainage to direct the flow of water coming out of your downspouts can keep water away from your foundation.
- Slopes. A natural solution to drainage problems can be changing the level of slope on your yard. A slight downgrade can create water runoff away from your home and prevent pooling in your yard.
- New gutters. If the gutters on your home and other structures are not functioning correctly, they can cause water accumulation around your foundations. New gutters combined with proper drainage at the downspouts can help manage the water flow from precipitation on your property.
Consulting an experienced landscaping company that offers drainage installation can help you determine the best solution for managing water issues on your property. Protect the investment into your home by having a drainage solution installed through your local landscaper.
Posted on behalf of:
Tommy Gun Lawn Care
Alpharetta, GA 30040
Was this article helpful?
Yes :)No :(