5 Reasons to Invest in Drainage Solutions
When water doesn’t drain correctly on your property, it can do more than create a soggy lawn. There are consequences of poor drainage that can impact many aspects of your home and property. If you have pooling water or run-off on your land, investing in a drainage solution is a wise choice to protect your property. Here are five reasons to invest in a drainage option for water control.
- One of the worst consequences of poor drainage is erosion. If you live on a hill or slope, the erosion can be devastating when water goes wherever it chooses, stripping top soil and eroding hillsides, which can put structures at risk.
- Landscaping problems. Too much water in your yard can ruin your landscaping efforts. Plants need water, but too much will drown many types of plants.
- Basement leaks. Poor drainage around your home can become a basement leak problem. Waterproofing your basement is one option, but you should also be finding better drainage to keep water away from your home.
- Foundation problems. Erosion and water damage can hurt your foundation, causing settling and other problems. This is a very expensive issue that can often be avoided with better drainage, protecting the value of your home.
- While it may seem minor in comparison to the other reasons, pooling water invites insects to your yard that are annoying and can spread disease.
The downsides of water intrusion on your property make the choice to add proper drainage a wise investment. Talk to your local landscaper about the different drainage solutions available to protect your home and property from erosion, foundation problems and other issues.
Posted on behalf of:
Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Was this article helpful?
Yes :)No :(