5 Tips to Low Maintenance Landscaping
Everyone loves a beautifully landscaped space, but most people don’t have the time to dedicate to maintaining elaborate landscaping. If you want a yard that’s both beautiful and easy to maintain, there are ways to get both with a little planning. Consider these 5 tips for creating a low-maintenance landscape design for your home:
- Choose plants carefully. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder –the beholder of pruning shears, water hoses and other landscaping tools. Choose plants which require little maintenance and are hearty, not just for how pretty they look at the local greenhouse.
- Invest in mulch and bark. Exposed dirt will eventually grow weeds, which constantly need pulling or chemical treatment. Use bark and mulch to cover dirt areas to keep weeds at bay. Most applications will last at least a year, making it quick and easy to maintain.
- Don’t over-water. Tired of mowing your yard? Watering your lawn and plants too often can make them grow faster than necessary. Find the right watering method to keep your plants healthy without overdoing it.
- Add non-plant elements. Reduce landscaping maintenance by adding a rock garden or patio area that looks beautiful without needing constant care. A beautiful paver or natural stone patio can increase your outdoor entertaining area, while reducing your landscaping needs.
- Hire a landscaper. Of course, the best way to reduce your need to maintain landscaping on your property is to let a professional do it for you. Most landscaping companies offer affordable plans to maintain your lawn and plants, allowing you to enjoy your free time and a beautifully landscaped yard.
Posted on behalf of:
Mobile Joe’s Landscaping
Was this article helpful?
Yes :)No :(