When water has no where to go, it can cause big problems on your property. Proper drainage around your home and yard can ensure that too much water does not accumulate and cause damage to your home and landscaping. Unfortunately, some homeowners wait too long to fix a drainage problem and end up with expensive damage to their foundation, concrete structures and landscaping. Here are 5 signs you have landscape drainage problem that you need to fix.
- Uneven grass growth in your yard. Is some of your lawn bright green and lush and other areas sparse? Uneven or unusual grass growth could be due to water pooling in certain areas of your yard.
- Overflowing gutters. When heavy rains pour down, do your gutters overflow? This can lead to drainage problems affecting your landscaping and foundation.
- Leaky basement. If you have water leaking into your basement, there may be too much water collecting around your home. A good drainage system will direct water away from your home’s foundation.
- Cracks in concrete foundations, sidewalks and patios. Concrete is porous and does not fair well with too much water. Cracks in your concrete structures can be caused by breakdown and erosion caused by poor drainage.
- Soggy spots around your property. Do you have soggy areas around your yard, in your crawl space, or puddles in your driveway? These are all signs of a poor drainage system.
If you have any of the signs of a drainage problem, it is time to get the issue resolved before it damages your home or property. Contact a local landscaping company that offers drainage system design and installation to fix drainage issues and protect the investment you have in your home.
Posted on behalf of:
Mobile Joe’s Landscaping
Alpharetta, GA 30004