Are you struggling to get the lush, green lawn you desire? You may need to consider aerating your lawn to give it a chance to flourish. Tight turf can suffocate your lawn and make it difficult for it to grow to its top potential. Here are five benefits of having a quality aeration service performed on your lawn.
- Clear out thatch. The reason your lawn may not be flourishing is too much thatch buildup under the grass and soil. Breaking it up can improve absorption of water and nutrients while helping eliminate pests.
- Penetration. Aerating your lawn allows air, water and nutrients to reach the roots of your grass for a healthier lawn.
- Loosen compacted soil. Irrigation and other factors can compact your soil, suffocating your lawn and making it difficult for it to hold water and allow air into the soil.
- Less wasted water. Thatch buildup and compacted soil make it difficult for water to reach the grass roots. Aerating helps reduce water waste by allowing the water used to easily quench the thirst of your lawn.
- Improved grass health. All these benefits can lead to a happier, healthier lawn. Once there is passage to the roots of the grass, oxygen, water and fertilizer can penetrate easier for a healthier lawn.
Aeration is typically done in the spring and fall to have the best benefits for your lawn. However, it is important to have the right equipment and technique to aerate your lawn properly. Call in a landscaping expert to ensure your lawn is aerated properly for a healthier lawn that will grow lush and green next spring and summer.
Posted on behalf of:
Pannone’s Lawn Pros & Landscaping
Cumming, GA 30041