Water is the essence of life; it can also be detrimental to your home and property. Too much water run off can cause erosion, basement leaks, foundation damage and ruined landscaping. If you have too much water on your property that is causing damage, here are five options to protect your property from further damage.
- Retaining walls. While a retaining wall will not stop water run-off, it can help prevent erosion to your property. Slopes or hills can benefit from the addition of a retaining wall to stop minor mudslides; they can also enhance the beauty and function of your property.
- French drains. Give water a destination by installing French drains in your lawn. These underground pipes can divert water to a proper drainage spot, away from your expensive landscaping and home.
- Basement waterproofing. Give your home’s basement extra protection from leaks or flooding with improved waterproofing. Consider the Park’s Free-Flowing Waterproofing System for the best protection.
- Dry creek beds. A beautiful way to add better drainage to your property is with a dry creek bed. This natural stone path offers a lower area for water to gravitate towards while adding a lovely element to your landscaping.
- Another option to reduce water drainage issues is leveling your property. Adding a light slope away from your home or other structures can help divert water away to a more desirable location.
If excess water is causing damage to your property or home, call your local landscaping experts. There are many options to divert and drain water away from your property to reduce damage and erosion.
Posted on behalf of:
215 Rebecca Ct
Fayetteville, GA 30215