Are you hoping to transform your backyard from boring to beautiful this year? One of the most dramatic changes you can make to your outdoor living area is the addition of natural stone hardscapes. Not only are they functional and aesthetically stunning, they are a valuable, lasting investment in your home. Here are five ideas of hardscapes that will enhance your backyard for the summer ahead.
- Fire pit or fireplace. A natural stone fire pit or fireplace is perfect for those late nights out on your back patio. Use as a focal point to gather your friends and family around when the sun goes down.
- Stone patio or pool deck. Natural stone is an elegant surface for any patio or pool deck. It is also durable and easy to maintain, with natural drainage between the stones.
- Retaining walls. Create a sunken patio with retaining walls as your border if you have higher ground surrounding your backyard. Retaining walls made of natural stone are beautiful and functional, helping prevent erosion of hillside areas.
- Outdoor kitchen. Do you love grilling outside? Add an outdoor kitchen to your patio area to make it easier to make elaborate meals for your family and guests for dinner alfresco.
- Natural stone waterfall. Nothing is as soothing as the sound and sight of a cascading waterfall. A natural stone pool or waterfall hardscape is a beautiful addition to any backyard.
Don’t wait another year to make your backyard into the oasis you always wanted. Call your local hardscape landscaper to beginning planning your new backyard additions today!
Posted on behalf of:
Sherrills Ford, NC